Skip to main content

Behind the Scenes: The Beginnings Of a Classroom


 So much goes on behind the scenes here at The Geeked Out Nanny Agency, that it seems impossible to always get around to blog about it, but today I needed to share a huge accomplishment with you all. I also hope this post helps you to get to know us better too.

 In December of 2013 in Michigan we had an Ice Storm. There were lives lost and a lot of residents like myself were without power for days. I was actually displaced for about 4 months afterward and had some unfortunate events happen to me outside of the Ice Storm. I was able to start doing some remodeling in my home, and then life turned even uglier as my mother was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer. I was with my mother every step of her journey, with that being said I put aside doing remodeling for a bit. Her journey also led me to start the Nanny Agency, the loss of my mother in September of  2015 allowed me to reinvent myself in many ways that I had never even imagined. I am very passionate about my work with children, I love building relationships with parents and their nanny/babysitter, and I am committed to positively impact the Early Childhood Field with as much research and work as possible.

So after almost four years I am thrilled to be able to share pictures of the beginning stages of what we hope will become the Gold Standard when it comes to playgroups, nanny and babysitting trainings, and parent workshops. The Geeked Out Nanny Agency is proactive, and will not make any excuses to not meeting family's needs in our community. In the past we have had a lot of problems securing places to host these activities.... problem solved. This is where the seed is being planted, and we will grow!

There is still decorating to do, a few things here and there that still need to get done. The set up was mind boggling. There use to be walls and such so I had to break out of what "use to be" thinking, and get creative.

                                                                             


This area is dedicated to the shelves that have art, math and science materials housed on them.


                                                Along the wall math and science shelves.


                                                                        Our Block Area.


Language and more science shelves.


Our STEAM shelves.


Light Table.


We believe in hands on learning and there just is no better way to learn about children then to be in an environment created for children to thrive in. Well it's back to answering the phones, home consultations and making connections with families who are finding their forever nanny and friend. And then after that it is finally time to set up some provocations. I am so excited!! So tell us what do you think about our  classroom set up so far? We love suggestions!  

Thanks for reading!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do's and Don'ts of Operating a Licensed Home Childcare

It has been a busy Summer! How has Summer been for you?  I wear a lot of hats, and I recently accepted another hat to wear as a Childcare Consultant!  It. Has. Been. Amazing.  Wow! I am so excited and I just can't hide it!!  💚 Here's a little secret though... a part of me feels that I already have been doing this, but the official title just makes it so freaking awesome!                                                                              As a Childcare Consultant I get invited by owners to visit their licensed childcare programs. Last week I visited two licensed family daycare homes. I loved every minute I spent at their daycare!   Both childcare homes have been operating less than a year, and want some guidance on how to separate their business from their personal lives. When it come to operating a licensed family childcare there are some must things you should do and definitely some things you don't want to do, particularly if you are operating

Upcoming Programs and July Happenings

We have been planning away, but planning does no good if the people you are planning for have no idea that you have plans. You might of heard me allude to these programs over the past year.... #MilkAndCookies, #BabysittingClasses, and #CreateAndLearn. Well it's time to officially get the party started!! So, go ahead and grab your calendar because these dates your family will not want to miss.                                                                                    Each program represents one of the core values of The Geeked Out Nanny Agency. We believe that a child's play is their work (Milk and Cookies) . We believe that all childcare should be quality childcare (Babysitting Certification and Badge Classes) , and we believe that children should engage in experiences that cultivate a growth mindset ( Create 'N Learn Labs) .                                                                                                                               

We Found Our Nanny! Now What?

Congratulations on finding the best nanny to match your family's needs, that was no small feat! Your almost at the finish line for completing the hiring process, there are just a few more steps you need to take to make this new relationship a success for all. I know everyone is eager to begin the bonding process between the nanny and the children, which is definitely something worth looking forward to, but we have to make sure that our business relationship with our nanny is rock solid too.                                                                                                                         One of the first steps you can take after you have found your nanny that will foster respect, accountability and a positive relationship between you and the nanny is to create a Family Nanny Handbook . This handbook can be used as a guide, and will help to prevent any future misunderstandings. Include the nanny's job responsibilities and expectations, your parentin